Gary – GCS Cabins Ltd.
20 Bay Refurb – Construction Site Material Distribution Centre
“Bigger Projects on a Smaller Budget!”
After researching costs for a traditional build as well as new modular buildings our client found that the budget they had required some forward thinking and tailored approach.
Our client required a small distribution centre that could facilitate an area for small racking containing goods, a trading counter area, admin and finance offices, canteen and welfare facilities all under one roof across two floors, 720m2 of modular space in total.
To create this space within the budget we knew we had a challenge on our hands, but with luck, Spacemaker had in stock at the time 20 No 12 x 3m TRANSLINE modular bays that were once used as an old Medical centre. The units were in the need of a full refurb and complete reconfiguration to achieve a layout that would suit the needs of the client and the space available at the assigned location.
The two storey modular bays before refurbish works were started, as you can see they were in desperate need of some TLC and required some imagination to view the full potential.
We worked closely with our client to establish a layout to suit them, a timescale to work to and managed to stay just within the clients important budget. With everything in place, we set to work on the refurbishment.
Halfway through the refurb, the first job is to strip the bays back to the bare steel shell. Then the flooring can be overlayed, first fix electrics can take place and the walls and ceilings can be re-boarded giving a new the look and feel internally.
Throughout the refurb as per the client’s requirements we undertook the following:
- Replacement of windows with all new White Upvc fully opening windows.
- New upgraded Steel Kirncroft double entrance doors, and fire exits to bring the unit up to current escape route regulations.
- Back to back configuration achieved to suit new site layout requirements.
- Upgrade to LED lighting with PIR sensor control
- Full Heat/Cool Air Conditioning factory and site fitted
- Full new rewire of electrics including power points
- New slate grey vinyl flooring fitted
- New high spec kitchen and welfare facilities fitted.